The most difficult population in all of mental health…clients with personality disorders.
- The manipulative and possibly violent clients with Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Clients with Borderline Personality Disorder who are out of control, have explosive emotions, self-harm tendencies and cravings for chaos
- The perfectionist clients with Narcissistic Personality Disorder who are quick to blame and combative to overpower you in session
- Clients with Histrionic Personality Disorders whose intense emotions and need for attention test your patience and compassion
Traditional psychotherapies and medications don't effectively treat these clients, so their resistance to treatment can leave you feeling frustrated, trapped, and even wishing you’d picked a different profession all together!
But I have good news — after 50 years of intensive global research, we now have proven, empirically validated models to effectively treat personality disorders.
Now, in this all-new certificate course, I'll provide you with a transformative, step-by-step plan that will empower you to accurately understand and successfully treat all 10 personality disorders. You'll learn exactly what to say and what to do when treating the disorders, structured in a simple, uncomplicated manner that you can quickly master and automatically resource whenever you're working with your clients.
End this course with your CPD Certificate in Personality Disorder Treatment & Management and the complete framework for integrating advanced personality disorder treatment strategies in your very next session.
I've trained more professionals on personality disorders than anyone in history, and I promise you, after this training you will never again be unsure of what to do with this client population. This is a must-have training for all clinicians!
- Gregory W. Lester, Ph.D., Psychologist and Personality Disorder Treatment Author, Instructor, and Clinician
Join world-renowned personality disorder treatment expert, Dr. Gregory Lester for this practical and comprehensive online CPD certificate training and get a session-by-session guide for effectively diagnosing, managing, and treating personality disorders.
Using real-life case examples and easy-to-follow training sessions, you'll not only learn the neurobiological, genetic, and developmental roots of personality disorders, you'll discover how to successfully rewire a person's sense of self so they can function more effectively and build better social connections.
This is the perfect, expert-level training opportunity for working with all 10 types of personality disorders, including Borderline PD, Antisocial PD, Obsessive-Compulsive PD, Narcissistic PD, Paranoid PD, and more.
Through six comprehensive video modules, expert trainer Dr. Gregory Lester uses passion, humor, and wisdom from his 38 years of treatment experience to guide you through the essential insight needed for effective treatment of personality disorders.
In Module One, you'll gain a foundational understanding of personality disorders — including the 10 types of personality disorders, the common behaviors associated with each disorder, and the underlying structure that make them different than all other areas of therapy. In this module, you'll learn...
- The Distinction “Personality Disorder”
- Why traditional models of mental health don’t fit
- What makes a personality disorder a chronic condition?
- Why personality disordered people think “it’s everybody else”
- Why “normal” talking with personality disordered people is ineffective
- The Effects of a Personality Disorder
- How personality disordered people create difficulties for themselves and others
- The difference in life pattern between “normal” and “disordered” personality
- How to predict the behavior of individuals with personality disorders
- The type of chaos created by Cluster A, B, and C personalities
In Module 2, you'll begin the step-by-step process of effective diagnosis and treatment of personality disorders. Dr. Lester will guide you to an in-depth understanding of the causes of personality disorders and teach you how to set effective treatment strategies and goals. In this session, you'll explore...
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Personality Disorder
- Why diagnosis is EVERYTHING in treatment of personality disorders
- 5 steps to identify and diagnose a personality disorder
- Why the Etiology of Personality Disorders Matters in Treatment
- The single biggest mistake clinicians make regarding etiology
- Treating vs. Managing Personality Disorders
- Predicting “treatability” of a personality disordered client
- How to choose an intervention approach
- The structure that makes all interventions effective
- Developing effective treatment goals for Cluster A, B, and C personalities
This module will lay the foundation for an effective and appropriate treatment plan by reviewing the benefits and risks from a variety of empirically validated approaches used to treat personality disorders. You'll learn to identify the treatability level of your clients so you can properly match your intervention technique with their therapeutic goals. In this session, you'll explore...
- Optimal functioning methods
- Mentalization-Based Treatment
- Transference-Focused Psychotherapy
- Interpersonal Reconstructive Psychotherapy
- Object Relations Developmental Psychotherapy
- Adequate functioning methods
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Schema-Based Treatment
- Personality-Guided Psychotherapy
- Targeted behavior improvement methods
- Tactical Therapy
- Strategic Therapy
- Structural Therapy
- Limitations and risks of the psychotherapeutic approaches
In this module, Dr. Lester will guide you through the step-by-step plans for effectively treating and managing personality disorders — including the three must-have interventions that all therapists need for working with this population. In this session, you'll get access to...
- 4-Step Approach to Effective Personality Disorder Treatment
- 3-Step Approach to Effective Personality Disorder Management
- 3 Must-Have Intervention Techniques for Personality Disorders
In module five, you'll learn essential insight for working with comorbid conditions in all 10 types of personality disorders — including how to work with your client's medications. Then Dr. Lester will prepare you with strategies to use when working with cases of self-harm and suicidality.
- Interventions for Co-occurring Conditions
- Typical co-occurring disorders for the 10 subtypes
- Sequencing interventions for co-occurring conditions
- Medication do’s and don’ts with personality disorders
- Crisis Management: Self-Harm and Suicide Interventions
In this final module, Dr. Lester will guide you through the process of working with personality disorders in special client cases, including young clients, couples, and families so your treatment effectiveness can continue long after your client leaves your office.
- Personality disorders in children and adolescents
- Special procedures for couples and family therapy sessions
- Working with significant others of a personality disordered individual
- Methods to help them stay out of difficulties
- Coaching for effective management
- Self-care for significant others
Learn more about what's covered in the course. Click here for course objectives and outline.
Enroll today and you'll get these FREE Bonus items (A £98.48 value!)...
By: Noel R. Larson, Ph.D., MSW
Clients with personality disorders—narcissistic, borderline, antisocial, sociopathic—often have profound traumatic childhoods, which leave them without a solid inner core from which to function. Often “nudged” into treatment by others, including the law, their inability to trust and their need for power make forming a therapeutic alliance seemingly impossible. They come armed with defenses developed at very early ages that are designed to ensure their survival by protecting their fragility. In this recording, you’ll explore practical, effective interventions informed by neuroscience that help clients safely manage frightening symptoms, including violence and emotional meltdowns, and develop healthier boundaries and a more differentiated sense of self.
By: Daniel J. Fox, Ph.D.
Developed from years of experience working with complex and challenging clients, Daniel Fox, Ph.D., has created the ultimate workbook to help effectively treat clients with antisocial, histrionic, narcissistic and borderline personality disorders.
Utilize unique worksheets, checklists and other exercises to diagnose, tackle specific issues, reduce problematic symptoms and keep therapy moving forward. Take advantage of concrete methods to:
- Reduce self-mutilation and other risky behaviors
- Improve attachment, collaboration and trust
- Determine narcissistic drives for perfection and excellence
- Lessen flirtatious behaviors
- Conquer maladaptive beliefs and diffuse narcissistic resistance
- Apply DBT strategies and skills into treatment
Who is this training for?
This CPD certificate training has been specially created for professionals looking to incorporate cutting-edge personality disorder treatment techniques in their clinical work, including Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychotherapists, Case Managers, Nurses, and more. The education provided in this intensive online training is designed to breathe new life into your clinical treatment plans for clients who are struggling with even the most challenging personality disorders, including narcissistic, borderline, antisocial, sociopathic, and much more.
This interactive online CPD certificate training also offers you a community of peers and mentors all focused on helping clients succeed.
CPD Credits Available!
Want to know more about the course outline?
Click here for course objectives and outline.
Additional questions about this CPD certificate training?
Please contact customer service toll-free at 01235 847393.
CPD Certificate of Completion
In recognition of completing this intensive training, participants will be awarded a CPD certificate of completion.
Your CPD certificate not only showcases your personal and professional accomplishment, but it also distinguishes you from your peers and shows your clients, your colleagues, and employer your continued dedication to improving therapeutic outcomes.
Register for this comprehensive training course without risk. If you're not completely satisfied, give us a call at 01235847393. We're that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.