Why Emotionally Focused Therapy?
Emotionally focused therapy (EFT) harnesses the new science of love and relationships into a structured, on-target, effective roadmap we can follow to take couples from disaster to safety and emotional connection.
We are able to not only heal relationships, but to create relationships that heal.
For the first time in human history, we know why relationships matter so much, what goes wrong with them, and what's necessary for people to create secure, lasting bonds.
But you might be saying, "Sure, you can show me the studies proving that EFT works. But can you show me how to do it?"
The answer is a resounding YES!
I can show you how you AND your clients can leave each session exhilarated and energized.
In EFT we have shown that we can help 70-75% of couples move into more satisfying and secure bonds. And in this course, I will show you how you can get these kinds of results in your office.
Hope to see you in the course,
Dr. Sue Johnson
"There's nothing more fascinating than relationships, and as you go into them, they just get more and more and more fascinating. Every couple I see teaches me something. I'm still as fascinated now as I was all those years ago."
- Dr. Sue Johnson
Here's everything covered in this in-depth training:
On Target Couple Interventions in the Age of Attachment Stage I Live Session — De-escalation
Dr. Johnson will walk you step-by-step through the EFT model stages and steps. This structured approach will ensure you know that you are using the right intervention at the right time!
- The State of Couple Therapy and the New Science of Attachment
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) — the Structure, Moves and Interventions
- Experiential and Systemic Interventions
- The Tasks of EFT — Outline, Video Viewing, and Exercises
- Dealing with Difficult and Attachment Injured Clients — Discussion and Exercises
- Discussion of the New Era of Couple Therapy
Stage I In-session Demonstration — De-escalation
Explore Stage 1 of EFT with Dr. Sue Johnson and colleague Dr. Marlene Best during this in-session demonstration. Watch as they outline the negative cycle/dance that keeps their clients off balance and disconnected. You'll then see how they help their clients access and reprocess underlying emotions, especially attachment fears, which prime each partner's steps in their negative dance. Finally, you'll watch as the couple de-escalates their negative cycles and begin to create a secure base, preparing them for Stage II of EFT – Restructuring of Bonding Interactions.
Following the client in-session demonstration, Drs. Johnson and Best will discuss and analyze the session helping you understand how to apply EFT to your practice.
- Attachment interactions and emotions shape sexual responses
- Intervention in an attachment oriented couple therapy addresses sexual problems
- The creation of a safe haven fosters open responsiveness in sexuality
- Identify and understand attachment injuries and their impact
- Learn how the EFT forgiveness model fits into the overall structure of therapy
- Outline the specific steps in this model and the interventions used by the therapist
- Safe haven sessions that foster exploration of emotion and interaction
- Shifts that de-escalate negative patterns and regulate attachment emotions
- The coherent integration of new, more primary emotions
- Interactions characterized by new ways of reaching for the partner
- Outline the core principles of attachment theory
- Clarify the revolutionary significance of attachment theory and research for relationship repair
- Illustrate how EFT uses this perspective to change a move a couple from despair to satisfaction
Register for this intensive training course without risk. If you're not completely satisfied, give us a call at 01235847393 or email us at email@example.com. We’re that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.