- Average Rating:
6 Hours 11 Minutes
- Audio and Video
02 Oct, 2015
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
This online program is worth 6.25 hours CPD.
David Grand, PhD, is the developer of Brainspotting and has trained more than 8,000 therapists internationally. He’s the author of Brainspotting: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
Addiction Counselors, Case Managers, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, and other Mental Health Professionals
What is Brainspotting?
- Brain-body based relational therapy
- Deeper, more powerful processing of trauma
- Brainspot – activity in the brain in response to focus and eye position
The Three Types of Brainspots
- Outside Window: Client unaware of therapist tracking reflex brainspots
- Inside Window: Client and therapist work together to find brainspots
- Gazespotting: Client has a fixed gaze while thinking or speaking
Reflexive Responses in Clients
- Eye wobbles
- Eye freezes
- Facial tics
- Brow furrowing
- Head nods
- Body shifting
The Dual Attunement Frame
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Goal of brainspotting is accessing self-healing capacities
- Activate, locate and process the sources of trauma and distress in the body
- Unfreeze and release where the trauma is being held
- Gain direct access to midbrain processes for bottom up brain-body change
- SUDS Level (10-0)
- Location of activation in the body
- Location of eye position of greatest activity
- Focused Mindfulness (processing)
- Access the clients visual field and somatic awareness to gain neurobiological attunement while enhancing relational attunement.
- Demonstrate three methods of attuning to clients visual field including Outside Window, Inside Window and Gazespotting.
- Use less intervention by accessing and trusting the clients innate brain-body healing capacity.
- Explain psychoeducation regarding the neocortex and subcortex with clients.
- Develop increased awareness of the counter-transferential activation of the flight, fight freeze response and how to adapt to it.
- Describe how to effectively use Brainspotting with clients with Dissociative and Attachment disorders.
Total Reviews: 67